When I was shamefully attending voc rehab sessions twice a week, I would sometimes have to go "upstairs" to talk to one of the counselors. It was very irritating the first time I started to walk that double flight of stairs, and I heard this loud yell from up above: "ANNOUNCE YOURSELF!" It was a man's voice. I didn't know who he was, but obviously in charge. At first I wasn't sure if he was talking to me. How could he even see me? I didn't see him. Then he yelled it again, so I sheepishly said my name and stated my business. Then I was allowed to come upstairs. I learned this was always necessary, no doubt for security reasons. Maybe there were some whacked-out druggies at the voc rehab. I sure didn't feel like I belonged there, but I did because...well, I was afraid of work. (I don't mean that in the same way you say a lazy guy is afraid to work; I was afraid of it like some people are afraid of heights or closed-in spaces.)
Well, anyway, the point of that whole opening paragraph is that now I'm the guy saying to you (saying, not yelling): announce yourself. If you read my blog, subscribe to it, comment on it (please keep it friendly), let me know who you are so that I don't just think I'm talking to myself. I mean, I realize that above all, that is exactly what I'm doing, but I'm also trying to connect here.
Thank you.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment